Re: [Hampshire] Ergonomic mouse ?

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ergonomic mouse ?
Stephen Rowles wrote:
>> Roger Munford wrote:
>>> I haven't a problem at the moment but it could happen anytime and
>>> prevention is always better.
>>>
>> Good point Roger, but like backups prevention is often something that
>> people look back on an wish they had done after the event!
>>

> I'd also echo this. My physiotherapist said that once you have a problem,
> that is is you are stuck for life with trying to limit the symptoms.

I don't think that's always true. About ten years ago I had a lot of
problems with RSI as a result of using a computer. I went to the doctor
about it and they didn't help much. Eventually I realised that my chair
was too low for my desk -- once I got a proper office-type swivel chair
with adjustable height the symptoms went away and have not returned,
despite the fact that I spend most of my time using computers.

cheers

Chris
--
Chris Dennis                                  cgdennis@???