Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: Lo…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] JOB: Senior Security Engineer | LOCATION: London, England, UK
Simon Capstick wrote:

> I was rather reluctant to add to this growing thread, but being in the
> recruitment sector too I would like to second Daniel's comments above.
> Believe it or not you can actually run a successful recruitment agency
> without resorting to spam, or annoying LUGs!

Yes, it's funny how the traffic goes through the roof when we have a bit
of a set-too, isn't it?

Oh well, c'est la vie and all that.

Initially I was of a mind to say go for it, as long as the guidelines
are adhered to, but then it occurred to me that it could get out of
hand, with every IT recruiter in the county professing an interest in
Linux and posting to our list. I seriously doubt it, and I am not
casting aspersion's on James' professed interest there,either, but it
could become tiresome if it turned out to be the thin end of the wedge.

I wonder if James' mission could be to raise the profile of the separate
jobs list, and find some way to promote that as /the/ place to look for
Linux-related employment in the South? Could we live with a single
weekly digest of all jobs listed there with a link to the same, or is
that still too much for some? I appreciate that probably amounts to more
jobs than James is currently posting individually, but it would
accommodate any significant increase as time went on, should that occur.

Just a thought...

Sean