Re: [Hampshire] Ergonomic mouse ?

Author: Andy Random
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ergonomic mouse ?

I bought a cheap trackball for my Father because he was having problems
using a mouse (shaky hands/control issues in his eighties not RSI
issues), and he found it much easier to use. However after he died I tried
it and hated it.

I then picked up a couple of different style better quality trackballs
second hand from Jamies to experiment with, a Logitech one where you
control the ball with your fingers and a Microsoft one where the ball is
controlled with your thumb.

I found the Logitech device unsatisfactory, nothing wrong with the device
itself, but its use caused me more discomfort than a mouse, while the
thumb controlled M$ trackball I really like and still use.

I'm sure this is very individual and different devices suit different
people but my best advice is if possible try before you buy as you may
find the device other recommend really doesn't work for you.

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, Roger Munford wrote:

> Perhaps this would make a useful 5 minute discussion between talks at
> the meeting, especially if people could bring their pet mice to show.

I'd be happy to bring both the Logitech and M$ device with me on Saturday,
I'll bring the cheaper (Kensington I think) trackball with me as well if I
can find it...

Andy