[Hampshire] [ADVERT] Sysadmin job, Portsmouth University

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADVERT] Sysadmin job, Portsmouth University

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x576fa100.hantslug.org.uk.7166': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed May 6 18:47:12 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
All -

I've been asked to pass along the following job advert. I realise
that this is going to be somewhat controversial given recent
discussions. However, I'm only going to post it once, it's in
Hampshire, and (from what I know of the group) it'll be primarily
Linux-based.

Please don't contact me about it -- talk directly to Bob.

Hugo.

=================
University of Portsmouth

Institute of Cosmology & Gravitation (ICG)

Data and Software Support Technician Fixed term contract for 2 years
Salary: UKP 27,183 - 30,594

Reference: STEC0181

Closing date: 29th May 2009

The Institute of Cosmology & Gravitation (ICG) at the University of
Portsmouth intends to appoint a data and software support technician
to assist the ICG with a variety of technical matters including the
general administration of scientific computing for all ICG members,
help with software programming, management of ICG databases and data-
sets (from surveys like DES, SDSS-III and LOFAR) and web-based
projects like Galaxy Zoo and departmental webpages. This will
initially be a fixed-term (two year) position with possible extension
dependent on funding.

The ICG consists of 11 academic staff, 14 postdoctoral researchers and
22 PhD students, and is a member of the Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS-
III), the Dark Energy Survey, the UK Low Frequency Array Consortium
(LOFAR:UK) and the UK National Cosmology Supercomputer Consortium
(COSMOS). More information is available at http://www.icg.port.ac.uk/

Please address any informal enquiries to Professor Bob Nichol at the
ICG (bob.nichol@???). Applications (Application Form, CV, names
of 3 referees) should be sent by email to jobs@??? copied to
icg-admin@???.

To find out more about us and the roles we have on offer visit
www.port.ac.uk/vacancies and apply on-line. Alternatively telephone
023 9284 3421. Please quote the reference number on all
communications.

                 --- My karma has run over my dogma. ---