[Hampshire] Fibre Channel storage

Author: Paul Stimpson
Subject: [Hampshire] Fibre Channel storage
Hi,

I'm continuing my effort at Linux world domination at work. I've borrowed a couple of HP DL360 G3 servers but they each only have a 36GB U320 SCSI mirror pair so I asked the guy I got it from if he had some larger drives.

I just received a delivery: a pair of Emulex 9004 fibre cards, a Compaq Storageworks RAID Array 4100 fibre-attached SCSI frame, 12 more 36GB drives and no manual.

The frame appears to be physically partitioned into two 6-drive arrays, each with its own fibre interface module. I've therefore connected each half to one PC.
Does anyone have any experience with FC storage please? I'd be really grateful for any pointers in making the cards work on Linux, setting up the RAID groups, formatting and partitioning the drives.

Thanks,
Paul.