[Hampshire] The Trouble With Blackberries (was: Re: [OT] Tro…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] The Trouble With Blackberries (was: Re: [OT] Trouble with Paypal)
Graham Bleach wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 03:33:51PM +0000, Paul Stimpson wrote:
>
>> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
>>

> Glad to hear it.

I'm not.

I have nothing against the device or individual users as such, but I do
feel that they are being misused by some employers to further erode the
family and social life of employees.

Granted, the people I now that have allowed this to happen should have
resisted the shiny bauble that promised to spread their ever-increasing
workload, but being conscientious types they didn't and probably didn't
even notice the subtle shift. I know that they now take their
Blackberries everywhere, read their work emails at the meal table, at
social gatherings and even on family holidays.

That said, used sensibly I am sure they, like all technology, are fine.

Sean