Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Trouble with Paypal

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Trouble with Paypal
2009/5/20 Graham Bleach <graham@???>:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 03:33:51PM +0000, Paul Stimpson wrote:
>> Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
>
> Glad to hear it.
>
> --
> Sent from my Bleach® immobile device

;-)

Those 'sent from my boysenberry' footers have always irritated me in
the same way as the badges on the backs of cars did when they used to
tell the world how many valves and overhead camshafts a particular
model had. Or (going back a bit) services that gave you 'free'
internet, or 'free' SMS messages, if you carried a little marketing
slogan on your emails/messages. That's one reason I never got into
using those, and do not have a blueberry, and if I were to have one
(and I freely admit I do covet some of the new gadgets) I would
immediately want to dive in and fiddle with it to rip off the labels.

Have always thought that being an advertisement for someone's product
is something they should pay you for, not vice versa.