Re: [Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Getting MP3 off a audio CD
On Friday 22 May 2009 12:32:07 Peter Alefounder wrote:
> On Wed, 20 May 2009 07:40:51 +0100 Tim <xendistar@???> said:
> > Several years ago I made an audio CD with the tracks saved to the cd as
> > MP3 (can't remember the program I used but possibly windows based). If I
> > insert the cd into my PC the CD show up as a audio cd. I want to copy the
> > mp3 audio track off the cd on to my hard disk, but when I open the cd up
> > in file view (konqueror) and try to copy the tracks to the disk my system
> > seem to think I want to rip the tracks from the cd and the resulting
> > files are twice the size of those on the cd and won't play on any audio
> > player (just white noise).
> >
> > Any thoughts??
>
> Can't explain the change in file size, but could the white noise
> arise from the mp3s being created with the wrong byte order? -x
> option in lame.
>
> Peter Alefounder.

Hi Peter, sorry I should of updated this earlier, my daughter managed to get the
files off, while she has played with Linux in the past she can't remember what
she did but the end result was she ended up with the 18 mp3 files on the hard
disk.

With regards to the white noise and the possibility that it was wrong byte
order, I don't know, I was not asking for the mp3 on the audio cd to be
re-ripped anyway, it just decided that it was going to do it that way when I
tried to copy them off.

Tim

GET FREE 5GB EMAIL - Check out spam free email with many cool features!
Visit http://www.inbox.com/email to find out more!