Re: [Hampshire] 32bit compiled library on a 64bit system?

Author: Chris Sykes
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] 32bit compiled library on a 64bit system?
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 04:13:26PM +0100, David Ramsden wrote:
> Thanks to all those who replied and confirmed my initial fears :)
>
> Chris, vserver appears to be ideal. I've just finished compiling a
> vserver patched kernel and I've got a 32-bit Debian install up and
> running. It was surprisingly easy. The migration should be nice and easy
> as I can just copy the Apache configs to /etc/vservers/<name>/vdir/etc
> on the host.

Glad to hear it seems to be working for you.
I use it on our company servers and also for controlled development &
test environments on workstations. It's also really handy to be able
to perform selective backups on several VMs from a single filesystem
namespace on the vserver host.
Also using KVM/VirtualBox makes my laptop uncomfortably warm :-)

I keep meaning to try out openvz but haven't found the right opportunity
yet.

--
Chris Sykes

       / @sigsegv.plus.com