Re: [Hampshire] A sad day...

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] A sad day...

Isaac Close wrote:
> --- On Mon, 1/6/09, Jim Kissel <jlk@???> wrote:
>
>>> Isaac Close wrote:
>>> The very next thing i'm going to do is install linux.
>
>> If Vodafone is messing with DNS to do the re-direct,
>> switching OS's will
>> not alter the result.
>
> Yes I know.
>
> I was thinking more along the lines of creating a tunnel to a remote

location where access to my proxy and dns is availible. Thus all traffic
will be encrypted going to and from a familiar location.

> Oh and i'll be monitoring several aspects of the connection, i expect
> it to be a fairly flakey service.

Sounds like you have a good handle on what's needed for a work-around.
If you find Voda service flaky, I can recommend 3. Been with them for
about 14 months, and a 15GBP/month contract for 3Gigs. Good service if
there is a signal. Their initial set-up is a bit flaky.
--
Life is too short.