Re: [Hampshire] [OT] CD Players Best Suited To Audio Books

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] CD Players Best Suited To Audio Books
Will Davies wrote:
> gully gaoler wrote:
>
>> portable looks good. i had a brief look at the RNIB site. they list a
>> portable player in their shop that has easy-to-use buttons and a
>> resume feature.
>>
>> http://onlineshop.rnib.org.uk
>>

>> jack
>>

> on the RNIB site they have a document that you can download for more
> information about the Sony Walkman they sell. Page of the document
> begins ...
>
> Looking at the Walkman with the lid facing you...
>
> To be fair they then describe tactile features that would allow a blind
> person to align it correctly.

Thanks chaps.

It's a good job someone is thinking - it didn't occur to me to check the
RNIB site! In fairness I think Dad had already dismissed it for some
reason, although now I think about it I may be thinking of St Dunstan's
offering which is the proprietary solution I mentioned in my original email.

It looks like the Sony they offer is cheap, will resume and will do
mains operation too. I could add some Creative 2.0 speakers and he'd be
away.

I may try a quick email to Sony UK to see if they do a portable with
integrated speakers that includes a resume function.

Cheers,

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk