Re: [Hampshire] OT:What? 6 years to analogue radio off

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] OT:What? 6 years to analogue radio off
On Wednesday 17 June 2009 23:03:31 trotter wrote:
> At 22:44 17/06/2009, you wrote:
> >On Wednesday 17 June 2009 22:28:10 trotter wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I heard this on radio 4 news yesterday.
> > > I have not heard it anywhere else though and was wondering if anyone
> > > else had come across it?
> > >
> > > Unfortunately DAB radio is pretty poor using old musicam mp2 leaving FM
> > > sounding better than the newer technology.
> > >
> > > Martin N
> > >

> > > Owner of the bwfc yahoogroup and Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and
> > > amithlonopen yahoo groups.
> >
> >Its correct, I downloaded the 245 page Digital Britain report today
> >but have not
> >got very far into reading it yet.
> >
> >Not very impressed with the 50p tax on phone lines though
>
> Its 50p on each landline....
> so you can guess what happens next ......we all switch to mobile only to
> avoid it!
>
> duh!
>
> Martin N
>

> Owner of the bwfc yahoogroup and Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and
> amithlonopen yahoo groups.

Reports suggest that the 50p will raise £150m but they require £3bn for the
broadband project, so not sure where the rest of the cash is coming from.

Just wonder if the telecoms companies will give us a refund on our bills once
they start raking in the profits from the public funded exchange and
infrastructure upgrades?

Tim