Re: [Hampshire] Missing pounds

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Missing pounds
On Monday 29 June 2009 12:42:31 Jacqui Caren wrote:
> Samuel Penn wrote:
> > I've had a problem for a while now with not being able to type
> > a pound symbol. If I press shift+3, then I get a 3. All the
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?
>
> broken keyboard?

If I drop out of KDE to the console, then things work, so the
keyboard appears to be okay.

> wrong charset?

Not sure. Country is set to UK in KDE control centre. What
confuses me is that if charset/country is a problem, then
I'd expect to get a different special symbol, rather than a 3.

Is there a way to display X11 keyboard events, or some other
way to monitor what the system (at various levels) thinks
is being sent by the keyboard?

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???