Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] July Meeting

Author: john
To: chairman, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
New-Topics: [Hampshire] Jamies (was: Re: [ADMIN] July Meeting)
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] July Meeting
On Sunday 28 June 2009 21:20:35 Hants LUG Chairman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Summer greetings!
>
> Our next meeting will take place on Saturday 04 July at Southampton, 10:00
> - 16:30. Details are on the wiki[0] and as before please email Damian in
> advance if you plan to attend or need wireless network access.
>
> If anyone would like to give a talk[1] at the meeting, please let me or any
> committee member[2] know and we will add you to the list.
>
> I am still awaiting books to review, so at the moment I have no more books
> for review, and yes I've asked for everything you asked for... ;-)
>
> ###
>
> We have spoken with Jamie's Computer club and they are happy for us to
> visit them again[3]. To make it viable for them to open their doors to us
> on a weekend we need to make sure enough people turn up and that we are
> happy to have a look at what they have to sell - well actually buy stuff...
>
> Do we as a group want to go to James?
>
> When do we want to go?
>
> ###
>
> [0] http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?4thJuly2009
> [1] http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MeetingSuggestions/Talks
> [2] http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CurrentCommittee
> [3] http://www.jamiescomputerclub.org.uk/

I have looked at what jamies sell. Myself I find the computers they sell
overpriced. If I find this how many others find this?

A number of people who wanted to get rid of old computers have been told that
they must pay Jamies for the privilege of taking the computer of their hands.
The computers ended up being dumped in a landfill instead.

Obviously I am not up to date with what Jamies are doing now.

If people do not buy stuff at Jamies how does it effect the cost of meeting
there.

John Eayrs