Re: [Hampshire] is it time to get rid of my advansys scsi c…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] is it time to get rid of my advansys scsi controller?
On Sun, 28 Jun 2009 23:46:05 +0100
Alan Pope <alan@???> wrote:

> 2009/6/28 john lewis <johnlewis@???>:
> > I had read about the Debian decision not to include firmware in
> > kernels but didn't really expect my ancient advansys scsi card to
> > fall foul of this.
> >

> You could of course just copy the firmware off another machine.
>
> http://popey.com/~alan/advansys/
>
> I've put the ones off my machine (running kernel 2.6.30 - but I doubt
> that matters). Try them.

Hi Alan

regrettably I still got an error when I tried booting the 2.6.30
kernel this morning

failed to load image "advansys/mcode.bin" err-2

so have now removed the scsi card and will try the usb approach if I
find I really need a scanner

Thanks for your help

--
John Lewis
using Debian Sid with windowmaker for a nicer desktop