Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer As…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer Aspire One
Lisi wrote:
> My new toy has just arrived and I have been unpacking it and trying it out.
>
> I have told it to its satisfaction what language and keyboard I want, and it
> is asking me to choose a password between 6 and 12 characters long. I have
> chosen a password of 11 characters but it is objecting on the grounds that a
> password cannot contain "specific characters".
>
> What on earth does it mean? Which of the 11 characters must I remove? I have
> consulted with Google and searched in dictionaries to no avail. Help!!! I
> want to play with my nice new toy.

So are you locked out or simply bewildered as to what constitutes an
acceptable character Lisi?

One problem we encountered with Sam's was that you would enter in your
password which it would secretly convert to all upper case, so that when
you tried to get in it would decline if you were entering lower case
characters. I thought that had been fixed.

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk