Re: [Hampshire] Firefox ongoing bother: is it me?

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Victor Churchill
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firefox ongoing bother: is it me?
On Wednesday 15 Jul 2009, Victor Churchill wrote:
> I try to avoid Flash when I can.
>
> Extensions:
> AdBlock Plus
> ColorfulTabs
> Delicious Bookmarks
> Firebug
> FlashBlock (!)
> GTranslate
> NukeImage
> OldBar
> Places' Full Titles
> Session Manager
> Ubuntu Firefox Pack
> User Agent Switcher
> Web Developer
>
> I know I could do the 'allergy sensitivity test' of dropping all the
> extensions and adding them one by one, but since the memory sems to
> grow over time this could be a very time consuming procedure.

It seems a lot of extensions, but it should be okay. My Debian Squeeze
box is mostly okay and I run loads of extensions. Flash is my biggest
pain in the bottom, most of the time is okay if slow but some of the
time it just crashes IceWeasel...

I do tend to run with FireBug switched off though these days. It's great
when you need it, but I don't need it all the time.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

This would of course be likely to trigger a real constitutional crisis,
but as this Government has done so much to destroy the constitution
already, it seems only reasonable for other people to be allowed to join
in.
    -- John Lettice, The Register 2006-01-17