Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer As…

Author: Lisi
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Password problem on first boot up of Acer Aspire One
On Wednesday 15 July 2009 13:51:41 Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> You should expect to pay....... How much??? My (second-hand) ThinkPad X30
> (Debian Lenny) cost a little over £100 and runs everything I throw at it. I
> bought it specifically after considering the various netbooks and
> concluding that they represent poor value for money.

It is larger and heavier than a netbook.

And it is difficult to think of anything that I am likely to want to run that
the Acer will not be able to run with a decent distro installed.

So "value for money" is not an objective measure. (And my Thinkpad turned out
to be poor value for money. :-( )

Lisi