Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft beats Google to be named UK's best…

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft beats Google to be named UK's best brand
On Wednesday 15 Jul 2009, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> "The software company, co-founded by Bill Gates, moved from second to
> first place in a list of the 500 brands that the public thought were
> reliable, distinguished and the best quality.
>
> In second place was Rolex, the watch manufacturer, followed by Google,
> then British Airways and the BBC."
>
> If Microsoft is the UK's "best quality" brand ("have you tried rebooting
> it?" anyone?), what hope for Lin^X^X^X the general public?

I know sad isn't it?

We can only hope the new BBC documentary on open source isn't just a show
piece for Microsoft and actually mentions real open-source software.

See: http://xrl.us/be3hnt for details.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I've found that people who are great at something are
not so much convinced of their own greatness as
mystified at why everyone else seems so incompetent.
    -- Paul Graham, "Great Hackers" 2004