Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft beats Google to be named UK's best…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Microsoft beats Google to be named UK's best brand
Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:

> I mean, those involved in this BBC project, who seem entirely focused
> on the utterly trivial aspects of the web, to the exclusion of
> practically everything else.

Well considering the Web is built largely on a foundation of pr0n,
online gaming and, latterly, dodgy downloads, it seems there's a good
chance that 'these people' will be giving 'the people' exactly what they
want if they do choose to focus on the trivia.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone did a decent job of it that included the
international co-operation that contributed to it, plus the free
software that flourishes at the heart of it, and also the sterling
efforts of those who strive to keep grubby corporate and government paws
off it?

<noodling>

Perhaps HantsLUG could kick off a community project to do precisely that?

</noodling>

Sean

---
www.funkygibbins.me.uk