[Hampshire] Mail filtering on remote IMAP server

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] Mail filtering on remote IMAP server

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56c65100.hantslug.org.uk.20963': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Jul 21 22:54:21 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
Let's say I have an IMAP mail server that stores all my mail in a
particular context. I don't have any control over the server itself --
just access as a user.

Does anyone know of anything I can use to filter my inbox on the
IMAP server into different mailboxes on the same IMAP server --
preferably without downloading and re-uploading the mails in
question. If it supports sieve (RFC5228) rules, so much the better.

I want to keep all my mails on that server -- not download them to
some other machine, as I want to access them from a wide variety of
places, and to take advantage of central backups.

I use mutt as a mail client, so answers of the style "just set up
rules in Thunderbird" will be ignored... :)

Hugo.

  --- And what rough beast,  its hour come round at last / slouches ---
                     towards Bethlehem,  to be born?