Re: [Hampshire] Centos 5 / yum not expanding $releasever

Author: Isaac Close
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Centos 5 / yum not expanding $releasever

> Date: Thursday, 23 July, 2009, 9:22 PM Andy Smith wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Has anyone ever had yum on Centos (5) stop expanding
> the $releasever
> > variable in the repo config?
> >
> > I am being asked to fix one which has just started
> doing this,
> > supposedly without anyone having done anything to make
> it so (no, I
> > don't believe that). It's actually started
> requesting URLs with
> > "%24releasever" in them now, instead of "5".

I have no idea, I don't use Yum or Centos. My answer is likely to be useless, since no doubt you would have already tried the following :

As you know %24 is '$', and thus %24releasever is appearing in the URL.
They keyboard codes, does the # key give you a \ ?

Has someone accidentally put a slash in the wrong place when really they meant to press Enter ? resulting in the variable being escaped "\$releasever". Grep it.

A shot in the dark.

> > Googling produces some very old bug reports that don't
> seem that
> > relevant.

That is all google ever seems to produce for me too ;-)

cheers

Isaac.