Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Axis 206 network cameras dead

Author: Adam Sweet
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Axis 206 network cameras dead
Jacqui Caren wrote:
> Damian Brasher wrote:
>> Tony Whitmore wrote:
>>
>>> I know there are a few people on this list who have played with network
>>> cameras. Any tips?
>> Sounds as if you have covered everything therefore I am reluctant to suggest
>> much. The next step for me would be to use any layer 2 software supplied with
>> the devices directly connected to a workstation with a cross-over CAT5 cable.
>>
>> Other than that, broken...
>
> try ping ing the default and original IP's
>
> arp -a

That reminds me of one of the methods described in the manual for
configuring an APC switched PDU with an IP address when all other
methods have failed.

Assuming you know the MAC address of the camera, connect over a
cross-over, then create a new arp table entry by associating the MAC
with an IP:

arp -s <IP> <MAC>

such as:

arp -s 192.168.1.10 00:1d:09:7d:4a:48

Of course, if the network controller in the camera is dying, then you're
probably not going to make it work reliably in any scenario.

Ad