Re: [Hampshire] An excellent description of Windows Mobile

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] An excellent description of Windows Mobile
At 21:29 31/07/2009, you wrote:
>I've had colleagues with Windows-based smart phones, blackberries and
>I-phones. Personally I prefer the I-phone (oooh, Tim being pro-Apple... how
>often does that happen?) from a set-up point of view, and those who have had
>them seem very happy with them.
>
>The gripe I have with Blackberries (which I presume is the plural of
>Blackberry), other than a questionable choice on the touch-screen with
>certain models, is the web-based setup procedure. Not a major concern, just
>not the way I'd want to set it up.
>
>My colleague with the windows smart phone got rid of it some time ago, as it
>would occasionally crash during calls, holding the GPRS "line" connected, and
>consequently costing a not insignificant amount of money over a month.
>
>I try not to Microsoft-bash for the sake of it, and I try to keep an
>open mind
>about their new products, but you must admit, they do produce some grade A
>s**t at times.
>
>Incidentally, all three listed can connect to both Exchange and IMAP.

There is the older palm classic range like the Treo however there is now the
palm Pre thats getting good reviews in the US.
Will be in uk around Sept/Oct.

From what i can tell from ex palm users it seems win mob offers more
of the flexibility
and the amount of applications that the palm does than blackberry or iphone.

Martin N

Owner of the bwfc yahoogroup and Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and
amithlonopen yahoo groups.