Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Armoured network cable supplier?

Author: Dave Walker
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Armoured network cable supplier?
Paul Stimpson wrote:
<SNIP>
> Thanks for the replies. I did the cable-in-a-pipe thing once in the
> past, but I wasn't convinced that the result would last, and it involved
> a lot of hassle getting the wires down the pipe.

<SNIP>

Hi Paul,

Perhaps I'm oversimplifying, but isn't two pipes, with one essentially for the cord overkill. Can't you simply attach a new cord to the flex you are running through, using our good friend duct tape? Then keep the now redundant cord for "next time"?

I'm somehow imagining some integrate pulley, or block and tackle system, for something that probably won't be touched for 10 years. :)

Kind Regards,
Dave Walker