Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56801100.hantslug.org.uk.7732': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Aug 8 08:01:51 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hello Pavithran,

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 08:31:57PM +0100, pavithran wrote:
> 2009/8/7 Andy Smith <andy@???>:
>
> > The free software movement has a very vocal minority of people like
> > yourself who are happy to say things like the first paragraph and
> > then argue endlessly about it like the second one.
>
> So you still say that I belong to the free software movement .

You self-identified as someone with so much Linux spirit that you
just have to call Microsoft names.

Linus Torvalds recently had something to say about Microsoft
bashing:

http://www.linux-mag.com/cache/7439/1.html
        "I may make jokes about Microsoft at times, but at the same
        time, I think the Microsoft hatred is a disease. I believe
        in open development, and that very much involves not just
        making the source open, but also not shutting other people
        and companies out.

        There are 'extremists' in the free software world, but
        that's one major reason why I don't call what I do 'free
        software' any more. I don't want to be associated with the
        people for whom it's about exclusion and hatred."

> @Microsoft Please forgive me , can't stop calling you "M$" . You have
> produced great rocking software's like Windows XP . I hail thee .
>
> Happy ?

I don't know yet if you are just trolling the list.

Andy