Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Stephen Pelc, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57bd3100.hantslug.org.uk.7848': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue Aug 11 10:56:10 2009 BST
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 01:26:50PM +0100, Stephen Pelc wrote:
> This discussion about bashing Microsoft misses the point as I
> see it. What movement there is away from Windows appears to be
> towards Apple and OSX. From a user's point of view OSX is both
> easy to use and beautiful.

Speaking entirely personally, I find the desktop on my MacBook (a
work machine) utterly frustrating. There are so many things I want to
do that are difficult, non-obvious, or Just Plain Impossible that I
can last about half a day trying to do work on it before I just want
to throw the whole machine out of a window.

I'm sure many other people have utterly different views on the
subject, and I'm not saying that one size fits all, but for me, my
experience of OS X has been poor. I won't be buying an Apple machine
in the future.

Hugo.

          --- Is a diversity twice as good as a university? ---