Re: [Hampshire] Resize screen in virtaul box

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Resize screen in virtaul box
On Sunday 06 September 2009 21:09:15 Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/9/6 Tim <xendistar@???>:
> > I am running Virtaulbox 3.04 on a windows PC, the guest OS in virtaul box
> > is Debian testing with XCFE desktop. At the moment when I run the guest
> > OS it runs in 1280x1024 which is the same as my desktop so I end up
> > having to scroll the screen. Ideally I would like to reduce the guest OS
> > screen down in size but at the moment, I am stumped.
>
> Have you installed the guest additions in the guest?
>
> If you do that then you should be able to dynamically resize the guest
> window to any arbitrary size you like.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Surprising what a poke in the right direction will do, OK I have made progress. When I try to install the VBox additions it complains that I need to install a GNU Compiler? what exactly is it. I have installed the kernel headers ( which it asked for and several other packages that the headers dragged in), I have gcc 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, and 4.4 installed and they all say they are gcc compilers??

What else do I need?

Tim