Re: [Hampshire] What a load of old cobblers!

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] What a load of old cobblers!
On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 at 09:03:08AM +0100, Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Could this be more shallow?

I saw this and indeed thought it shallow to the point of being
worthless. What do you expect from Bill's Broadcasting Company?

> No mention of Linux at all, sadly, but hardly surprising I guess.

If reinstalling Windows was "serious" switching to Linux wouldn't
ever get a look in?

> The odd bit of valid advice about backups and easily adding memory and
> disk, granted, but given that it is meant to address the business of
> making best use of old hardware (as opposed to binning it and
> upgrading), the piece is a massive FAIL* in my opinion!

Like most British journalism it's shallow and worthless, why
bother working when you waffle and no one will notice or care...!

and yes I am bitter and cynical but that does not make me
wrong...!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

While it may be faster than DLT tapes, 're-typing' is not a
valid recovery strategy.
    -- anon