Re: [Hampshire] High availability database

Author: Adrian Bridgett
To: Stephen Nelson-Smith
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] High availability database
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 20:17:56 +0100 (+0100), Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> I thought the OP wanted to make the data available over 50 nodes!
> DRBD can only have two simultaneous primaries.

Ah yes, I was taking that as meaning that it needed to withstand
failure of a (master) node, but still be accessible from the others -
i.e. via an SQL connection or as you suggest a network share.

Adrian
--
bitcube.co.uk - Linux infrastructure consultancy
Puppet, Debian, Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS, ...