Re: [Hampshire] Allergies [was Re: [ADMIN] Next meetings]

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Allergies [was Re: [ADMIN] Next meetings]
Lisi wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 September 2009 17:26:04 Damian Brasher wrote:
>> not sure if it is
>> scabies but he has scabs caused by an allergy of some sort
>
> Scabies isn't an allergy. It is a contagious parasitic infection. If what he
> has is an allergy, then it is not scabies.
>
> The distinction is an important one to those of us with allergies. My life

(and that of many others) would be more comfortable if other people
understood that allergies are a) real and b) not infectious.

A light hearted play on words slightly dramatizing a few small scabs
possibly, not 100%, a side effect of a mild allergy the cause of which we
have not yet fully determined. In fact there is a small chance there may be a
parasite involved, again this has not yet been fully diagnosed. I am sorry
that the sentence does not take the human allergy condition into account
however I appreciate how uncomfortable and dangerous human allergies can be.
I'd like to reassure readers that Monty is not in serious discomfort and will
be taken care of in the appropriately. The concern is more of a human one.

Best Regards Damian

--
WWW http://www.diaser.org.uk - Open Source Data Vault Application - beta-1

RSS http://sourceforge.net/export/rss2_projnews.php?group_id=258272