[Hampshire] [OT] [FS] Old Cisco routers

Author: Nick Chalk
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] [FS] Old Cisco routers
These will probably end up on eBay, but I thought
I'd see if anyone in the LUG wanted them first...

I have six old Cisco routers that may be of
interest to someone learning IOS. They are, in
reverse order of model number...

2 x Cisco 2502
Rack-mount devices with one Token Ring port,
and two synchronous serial ports. The former is
not much use, but the latter are. One has 4MB
RAM, the other 2MB; both have 8MB flash.

2 x Cisco 1720
Desktop or stackable routers with one 100BaseTx
port each, and two expansion card slots for
"WICs". One has 32MB RAM and 8MB flash, the
other 16MB RAM and 4MB flash.

1 x Cisco 1601R
Desktop router with oene 10BaseT port, one
synchronous serial port, and one WIC slot. Has
8MB RAM and 4MB flash.

1 x Cisco 827
Desktop ADSL 1 router, with one 10BaseT port
and one standard DSL RJ11 port. Has 24MB RAM
and 8MB flash.

To go with that lot are four WIC expansion cards -
three WIC-1T single synchronous serial ports, and
one WIC-2T double synchronous serial port. There's
also a number of crossed synchronous serial
cables, and some console cables.

What can you do with that lot? Well, I used the
2502s to simulate two leased lines running Frame
Relay, and connected the 1720s to both "ends".
That's sufficient to get IP over Frame Relay
running, and experiment with configuration and
fail-over.

The 827 is a standard ADSL router - it can be used
on any version 1 line.

Anyone interested?

Nick.

--
Nick Chalk ................. once a Radio Designer
Confidence is failing to understand the problem.