Re: [Hampshire] [OT] OLPC XO

Top Page
Author: Benjamin M. A'Lee
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] OLPC XO

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5862a100.hantslug.org.uk.25979': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Oct 24 13:35:49 2009 BST
gpg: using RSA key ABAE113A166891C7
On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 12:08:28PM +0100, Daniel Pope wrote:

> It's often said that most programmers suck at HCI, but at least most
> programmers know to copy designs that work. You'd have to be pretty
> arrogant to think that you can design a better GUI than what the entire
> industry has researched and developed over 30 years.

If you only ever copy stuff that works, you’ll never do anything new.
Just because that’s what we’ve always done doesn’t mean it’s the best
way. A completely different approach, even if it turns out in the end to
be worse, is not a bad thing in itself.

--
Benjamin M. A’Lee || mail: bma@???
web: http://bma.subvert.org.uk/ || gpg: 0x166891C7