Re: [Hampshire] BBC iPlayer Broken With Karmic

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] BBC iPlayer Broken With Karmic
Alan Pope wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> 2009/10/27 Sean Gibbins <sean@???>:
>
>> This morning I was puzzled to find that I cannot start video content on
>> the BBC (i.e. news reports, iPlayer programmes, etc.), presumably since
>> installing Karmic Koala RC AMD64.
>>

> Known bug.
>
> https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/flashplugin-nonfree/+bug/410407?comments=all
>
> The current workaround is to right click, and whilst holding right
> mouse button down, press the left button on what you want to click.

Thanks Al, that did the trick.

I did check the forums and googled for 'iplayer + Karmic', etc., but
nothing meaningful came to my attention. I also tried various
combinations of right, middle and left-clicks, but obviously not the
magic one.

> Yes this is not ideal, yes, it's a bug that's been around for a while.
> Welcome to the world of proprietary crap on Linux.

Point taken, but it's a shame that it seems to be working in Jaunty
version and broken in Karmic, bit of a step back in my opinion.

Sean

--
www.funkygibbins.me.uk