Re: [Hampshire] Can Ubuntu break the BIOS

Top Page
Author: The Holy ettlz
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Can Ubuntu break the BIOS

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57b53100.hantslug.org.uk.1490': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Oct 28 18:39:15 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 13:35 -0500, Mike Burrows wrote:
> Hi Folks.
>
> I have a friend who has installed Ubuntu server edition not sure which
> version. He would like to boot another disk from the cd drive but in
> spite of setting the bios correctly grub seems to grab the boot process
> before anything else has a chance to load. Is this a function of Ubuntu
> or is his bios broken.

The BIOS is either still configured incorrectly, or it has a bug, or for
some reason the CD cannot be booted (broken disc and/or drive).

James

--
The Holy ettlz                              TheHolyettlz@???
PGP key ID: 03F94B5D