Re: [Hampshire] Internet addresses set for change

Author: Keith Edmunds
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Internet addresses set for change
On Sun, 01 Nov 2009 16:25:26 +0000, stephen.davies@???
said:

> Then you have the move to IPV6

I was giving presentations in the early nineties about a kind of
networking that set out to achieve broadly the same goals as IPv6. That
never materialised in any way worth talking about, and - despite the clear
advantages is adopting IPv6 - I don't see IPv6 happening soon.

To my mind, a more important and equally challenging problem is the
proliferation of spam. IPv4 versus IPv6 is a technical issue: spam is a
business issue, and ergo more important overall.

Keith