Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] November Meeting & AGM

Top Page
Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Tony Whitmore
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] November Meeting & AGM

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x581b0100.hantslug.org.uk.17754': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Nov 4 22:20:58 2009 GMT
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8

> I referred to these documents to generate a new key with a stronger
> algorithm:
>
> http://www.debian-administration.org/users/dkg/weblog/48
> http://andys.org.uk/b/2009/05/09/gnupg-rsa-key-pair-mini-howto-with-stronge
> r-digests/
> http://dewinter.com/gnupg_howto/english/GPGMiniHowto-3.html#ss3.5
>
> I still have the old key but am deprecating its use.

I've just done a 2048/2048 key, interesting when I tried last time it didn't
quite work the way I wanted so I've not used it much and not got anyone to
sign it. I've now created a new one and Debian has changed again, so the new
key works.

I suppose I'd better bring my documents along and a printed out copy to key
signature to the LUG meeting - it's probably a good idea every now and then
anyway.

Any CAcert people coming along as well?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

engineer: n. one who, regardless of how much effort he puts in
to a job, will never satisfy either the suits or the scientists