Re: [Hampshire] Video editing - 1st steps

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Video editing - 1st steps

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56f89100.hantslug.org.uk.3364': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Nov 16 16:30:11 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 20ACB3BE515C238D
On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 04:27:33PM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> 2009/11/16 Rob Malpass <lug@???>:
> > I need some advice on video editing software for Linux.   Can anybody
> > recommend a good package?   I think I've spoken before on this list about a
> > huge library of VHS I'm getting digitised.   Thankfully I've now managed to
> > find a working solution.   Sadly it's not Linux based
> > but I'm ending up with several 8Gb mpgs that I need to edit.
> >

> DV format instead of MPEG2 would have been better.
> When you edit MPEG2 you loose a bit of quality.
> When you edit DV, you do not loose any quality.

... unless you do GOP-level editing and your editor can handle a
direct copy (as avidemux will do).

Hugo.

PS. It's "lose", not "loose"...

            --- UNIX:  Japanese brand of food containers. ---