[Hampshire] [ADMIN]

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN]

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58602100.hantslug.org.uk.31833': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Nov 25 21:45:31 2009 GMT
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hello,

[0] First of all, sorry for the delay in getting this email, I've had more
than a lot on at home and work. I've almost caught up with myself so before
any more chaos breaks out here is an email!

[1] I'd first like to thank the outgoing committee for their service over the
last year. It may seem like an ego trip, but it is in fact a thank less task
and I'm very pleased that people do pitch in to get things done.

[2] I'd like to thank Hugo for organising the election and for everyone who
stood and voted. Without people there would be no society.

[3] I'd like to wish the new committee well and congratulate them on being
elected.

[4] The next meeting should take place as a joint meeting with Surrey on
Saturday December 12 at Nokia in Farnborough.

[5] In January we should be back in Southampton, and I'll let everyone know
the date once it's confirmed.

[6] For February we hope to go back to IBM Hursley.

[7] O'Reilly thought they had sent books for review but in fact forgot. A box
of books are now on the way (I'm told). Apress are sending my books in ones
and twos and I've a lot of Python stuff to get reviewed.

[8] If you have a book for review, I'd like the review or the book back if
you've had it for over 2 months now. I'd really prefer a review and not the
book, but if you don't want to do the review it's only fair to give it some
one who does want to do the review.

[9] The London Perl Workshop will take place on Saturday 5 December, and is an
excellent opportunity to meet the European Perl community.
http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2009/

[10] Next spring I plan to try and host a "Big LUG" day with some of the local
LUGs anyone willing to help should send me and email as I'll start to work
things out this year.

--
Adam Trickett
  Chairman, Hampshire Linux Users Group