Re: [Hampshire] NAS Limits

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NAS Limits

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57fa7100.hantslug.org.uk.2337': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Nov 26 20:07:53 2009 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Chris,

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 04:19:25PM +0000, Chris. Aubrey-Smith wrote:
> Can anyone suggest a rough guide to establish at what point it becomes
> pointless to improve the NAS processor speed because of the limits of a
> 100Mbs network?

I would have thought that the time to start upgrading the NAS's CPU
is when "top" on the NAS shows CPU as the bottleneck, not IO or
memory?

Provided we aren't talking about CPUs out of coke machines, I
wouldn't have thought this point would be reached by most people...

Cheers,
Andy

<Robert> Sucks when you find out someone is a woman after several months of
knowing them over the internet.