Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops

Author: alan c
To: adam.trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Novatech laptops
Dr A. J. Trickett wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My current Dell laptop is really getting long in the tooth (~10 years old).
>
> Novatech sell naked laptops so I don't have to pay the Windows tax on them.
> Has anyone used any of their recent kit, e.g X10, Xplora E16 or V13? I
> basically want a small/light box for presentations and occasional use. It
> doesn't need a CD/DVD or a huge screen. I've decided that a screen size of no
> more ~15" (wide) is what I need. That mostly takes in down to the large
> netbook and the small/think office machines.

For some while now, Novatech have included a Linux section in their
Forums, and it is reasonably active, including one or two members who
are very keen on the products, not sure if they are actual employees
though. However there are some very useful opinions and information
there, it is well worth some visits.

http://forum.novatech.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=53
--
alan cocks