Re: [Hampshire] NAS devices and MTU

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] NAS devices and MTU
lists wrote:
> Ironically most people don't think 'wow, he's clever, he made that guy
> look a fool', the tend to think

Be nice ;-)

Seriously, a minor rewording eliminates the possibility that someone will
take your reply as a personal assault. If you think this thread is bad try
postfix-users and try to get even slightly off topic - you get shot down in
tutonic flames. I have lurked there for years and cannot remember the last
time I posted. And it is one of the nicer lists I am subscribed to :-/

Come on folks, read your posts as if you were the recipient and think how it
could be misinterpeted. Remember that your inflections/intonations are not
available to others. If you have met the poster remember how they talk and
try and apply thier voice (and sense of humor).

I try and make three passes on anything that leaves work and try and keep up
the same standard from home (but fail miserably). I still make mistakes we
all do. Count to ten before you reply and if you have nothing constructive
give it a miss.

Also remember that there are (some) teenagers here - so lets keep the norty
words in check please.

Jacqui