Re: [Hampshire] [OT]ish ipod software

Author: Charlie de Courcy
To: hampshire
New-Topics: Re: [Hampshire] Motorola Milestone (Was:[OT]ish ipod software)
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]ish ipod software

Sean Gibbins said the following on 01/11/2010 09:05 AM:
> Rob Malpass wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Do any of us have ipods? If so, has anyone found any decent music
>> library software for them?

Mediamonkey on Windows is extremely good, and a lot faster than iTunes
the current beta version (at last look) also includes support for the
iPhone and iPod touch. One of my pet hates of iTunes is it's inability
to 'monitor' a music folder, I ended up with massive duplication of
tracks in the library - extremely primitive in my books.
I'm in a similar boat at the moment, I have to run a Win7 instance in
VirtualBox just to transfer music to my g/f's iPhone. Extremely annoying!
I'm getting my hands on a Motorola Milestone (Android) this week which
(as I'm sure many of you are aware) uses straightforward USB drive
mounting with Banshee / Rhythmbox compatibility.. Bliss!!

Charlie