Re: [Hampshire] Packaging help needed

Author: Anton Piatek
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Packaging help needed
2010/1/15 Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui.caren@???>:
> Sean Gibbins wrote:
>> Stephen Pelc wrote:
>>> You can only improve something by acknowledging what's wrong
>>> with it.
>>
>> When dealing with free, open source software coded largely by volunteers
>> you can take it a stage further - you can get involved and fix it.
>
> Sorry but this is where it gets "flame warish". He has a binary release
> product and has a number of targets to release to and is sick of the
> amount of manual work involved.
>
> Stephen,
>        I have been involved in release managemnet for longer than I care to
> admit. Although I am by no way a packaging expert I would be happy to discuss
> how I would approach automating the release process as I will probably be responsible
> for doing something similar in the near future.

Stephen - If you at the meeting tomorrow, grab me at some point for a
chat. I run a deb buildsystem for i386 and amd64 packages for 3
releases of debian and 4 of ubuntu

Anton

--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@???

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.