Re: [Hampshire] stuart biggs added you as a business connect…

Author: LinuxLearner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] stuart biggs added you as a business connection on Plaxo
Antony wrote:

> So ideally you'd want me prevented from taking a photo which includes
> you in a public place?

If I enter a *public* space then there is no expectation of privacy, so
no, I would not be in favour of a law which stated no persons may take
photographs of public spaces without the consent of all the people
appearing therein. Solutions abound; like a hat! :)

However, I do think it decorum, to not take photographs of people who do
not wish their photographs to be taken. Travelling internationally, one
comes across this in certain places; an expectation, that even in public
space(s) one should not photograph those that do not wish their
photographs to be taken, e.g. in some Muslim countries in West Africa
I've visited, it's seen as *highly* impolitic to take a photograph of a
woman without obtaining her consent beforehand. If you do it, you might
just find yourself on the wrong end of a public lynching! <g>

> Keeping it short ;-)

Trying, likewise. :)

Best,

LL