Re: [Hampshire] [OT] UPS wanted

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] UPS wanted
At 09:10 04/02/2010, you wrote:
>James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After the power supply to my house destroying the PSUs of my computers
> > three times now, I would like to get a UPS.
> > Does anyone have a UPS (Uninterruptible Power supply) that is surplus
> > to their requirements?
>
>I have two with dead batts. The problem is tha the batts are cost of a UPS!

As a matter of interest wouldn't the UPS still work as a mains
battery filter getting
rid of spikes or if theres a few minutes of power left in the battery
coping with
minor sags in power?

I intend on using my old Belkin to protect some of my more valuable equipment
that is not a computer when the battery goes. It is a pain to
replace the battery
in my belkin; I had to bend the metal cage that held it to get it out.

Martin N

Owner of the bwfc yahoogroup and Co-Moderator of MiniDisc and
amithlonopen yahoo groups.