Re: [Hampshire] Whatever happened to programming?

Author: Daniel Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Whatever happened to programming?
On 08/03/10 13:19, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> With such a lot being said about Python, I thought that it
> would be good to use the opportunity to learn that language.
>
> The problem was that it is so boring looking for a suitable module to
> do whatever. I just know that there must be a module that will read a
> csv file, allow me to munge the data a bit, then export in tab format.

It must have been so boring to to the library reference [1] and type
/csv.

Even more boring would be to try searching for "python csv".

Some times I don't know how I even cope with the boredom on a day-to-day basis
when I create all these boring applications in practically no time at all.
Sometimes I long for an exciting day of trying to figure out how the hell bloody
Microsoft thinks CSV is supposed to work.

Being productive is so bloody boring.

[1] http://docs.python.org/library/index.html