Re: [Hampshire] wierd group issue

Author: Michael-John Turner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] wierd group issue
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 10:29:16PM +0000, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> How on earth is it dropping those other groups? The only thing I can
> think of is that exim's use of setgid/setpgid is doing it. I'll
> certainly admit that reading those manpages can get your head in a
> twist so I wondered if anyone can shine a light on it?

How are you calling lurker?

I've not used Exim in nigh on ten years, but a cursory glance at the filter
documentation suggests that by default it doesn't honour secondary group
membership when executing filters:
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/filter.html (search for
"secondary"). Could this be the problem?

Otherwise, if you're using a transport, perhaps explicitly specifying the
group will help?

-mj
--
 Michael-John Turner