[Hampshire] HantsLUG Wiki

Author: Daniel Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] HantsLUG Wiki
A few years ago I toyed with MoinMoin as a candidate platform for upgrading the
HantsLUG wiki[1]. I wrote a converter that, to a basic level, converted the wiki
syntax for UseMod, the current wiki software, to Moin's.

To me, HantsLUG's site is looking more and more tatty and outdated. So I've dug
up my converter, adapted it to work with the latest MoinMoin, 1.9.2, and
converted the wiki pages provided by Adrian.

http://hantslug-wiki.devel.mauveinternet.co.uk/

MoinMoin is the wiki software used in the Ubuntu and Debian wikis, among many
others. I have been doing quite a lot of work with it lately, and I'm
consistently impressed by its features and flexibility. It seems to be a huge
improvement on UseMod.

If you're unfamiliar with MoinMoin, read

http://hantslug-wiki.devel.mauveinternet.co.uk/HelpOnMoinWikiSyntax

especially the sections towards the bottom, which describe some of the features
that could be used to make the wiki smarter and better organised and maintained.
MoinMoin also offers the ability to upload files, such as screenshots, which
would improve some of the technical instructions significantly, I imagine.

Anyway, let me know what you think. Does this seem like an improvement? Can you
spot any places where the converter has done a really dreadful job? You can edit
this copy of the wiki if you want to experiment but the changes you make won't
be copied to the live site.

Dan

[1] The relevant thread was this:
http://hantslug.org.uk/lurker/message/20070427.110029.4ffbe8e1.en.html