[Hampshire] iptables query

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] iptables query
Hi All,

I am currently using bittorrent over a VPN.

I would like to ensure that, should the VPN drop, traffic is not
rerouted via eth1, and gather that iptables is one way I can achieve this.

Whist I have been able to write rules to do other things on the box
(enable/disable access to ssh, www, etc.), the rules I have tinkered
with regarding the VPN have no obvious effect, for example:

     iptables -A OUTPUT -o eth1 -p tcp --dport 6881:6891 -j DROP

Is this sort of thing heading in the right direction, or am I wandering
way off course with this?

Cheers,

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk